Thursday, April 25, 2013

Scandaliscious!!!!

Greetings and Salutations!!!

I just finished watching Scandal...and once again, they delivered. The writer, Mrs Shonda, is amazing. She has America's pulse on speed dial!

I didn't watch it Live because I have to have peace and quiet in the house before I can fully appreciate the work the Gladiators do. So once I got Mr. Jaxon his blankey, pillow (it was in my bed, his second bed), and his ba ba, he was good to go and off to the races.

I poured me a glass of wine and settled down on my couch to witness history.

History, oh yeah, History baby. This is one of the most intriguing, tantalizing shows on right now. I mean, think about it, we have a powerful black woman in Love with the most powerful man in the world. And then we have a white man in Love with one the most powerful women in the world. They can both hold their own, they are both passionate about what they do and with that you have a power couple. The drawback......HE'S MARRIED!

Wow...how did that happen. But that's the magical part, we all know that it's wrong, so why are we rooting for Olivia and Fitch to make it?

Why do we want to see The President of the United States of America get a divorce from his wife and marry Olivia?

Hmmmm, is it because Millie is miserable and evil?
Is it because we can see their love for each other?
Is it because we can relate to the Passion, Lust, Excitement they have for each other?
Does Marriage still hold the weight of importance that it used to?
Do the vows mean anything anymore?
*(Future Blog Post on This Subject)*

I'm not sure, but I love watching this show...I love seeing the poise that Olivia and her team display, I love the fact that they all know they are not perfect but have developed a craft that is now their passion. They are good at what they do because it is their passion to help, to save, to fix.

This show has the potential to be one of the best in history. The possibilities are endless. Now, the next question is how long before they request the "CONTRACT NEGOTIATION"?

They deserve every penny, when the time comes.

Last but not least, is Scandal making it more acceptable for white men to now date and marry black women?


Just a Thought..............................................

2 comments:

So, how do you heal from Trauma?

      Just Breathe Trauma sounds like a word used to describe someone who's been physically hurt, like a "car accident or a shootin...