Thursday, May 23, 2013

I can do this man

Good Morning!

I haven't blogged in a while because I have been uber busy. And working on my prioritizing skills. My book, The City of the Guardians: Introducing Alex Honor, is finished!
The joy I feel from saying this is indescribable. I love the body of work I have created and can't wait to share it with you. So now the fun stuff like getting it edited, marketing it and letting the World know about it starts. Throw in the mix a 21 mth old, a 12 y/o, a radio show(www.DFWiradio.com,The Honey Hour @ 11:00 am on Thursdays), a husband, house to keep clean, clothes to wash, food to cook,BSWM(Best South West Mom) contributor, FB,Twitter and a photography business(A & J Photography). Now, do you understand. Of course you do.

And you know the crazy thing about it all......I like the busy, I like being responsible for so many things and ppl. I enjoy my life. I love when it works and try to learn the lessons when it doesn't.

I have a friend in California named Janice and we spoke last night for the 1st time in about 2 years. IKR, 2 years. We are friends on FB so we've been able to keep up with each others lives through pictures and posts. But after talking to her and hearing her voice and enjoying the conversation so much, I realized that I have to slow down. I have to make the effort to call more of my friends and hear their voices. Only so much can be said in a post.

I am determined to start remembering ppl's phone numbers, like back in the day. We've gotten so dependant on technology that some ppl don't even know their own phone number. Don't get me wrong, social media, technology, all that is great and sometimes a necessity. But life is about experiencing, it's about sharing, listening, remembering and cherishing. Call 1 friend a week and listen to them, laugh with them, remember with them. Slow down. It's okay.

Just a Thought.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, how do you heal from Trauma?

      Just Breathe Trauma sounds like a word used to describe someone who's been physically hurt, like a "car accident or a shootin...