Tuesday, November 12, 2013

65 + Tips, Sites & Advice Articles for Authors! Use & Pass Along!

Greetings and Salutations!

My name is Bee L. Kirk and I recently released my first novel entitled City of the Guardians: Introducing Alex Honor. The journey of writing a book has been one of extreme highs as well as disappointing lows. I didn't know half of what I know now and I still have tons to learn. Along the way, I've collected information that I think can be helpful to you. Although you may not be able to use all of it, I'm sure some of it will help.

I believe in helping and paying it forward. So, I ask you to do the same. Pass the information along to someone else who might me able to use it. Remember to always sow good seeds so that when it's time to reap the harvest, it will be a good one. For those of you who may not be familiar with this saying, I'm speaking of Karma. What you put out is what will return to you. With that being said, enjoy and use the information below in your quest to make it to the top or simply touch someones life.

Black Caviar Book Club.com - They allow you do have a free book promotion on their site. *Free* They have 573 likes as well as a 144 shares. It's very simple. You click on one of the genre's listed to the right and then upload a book cover, blurb and a few other things. It took me all of 4 minutes to do this. Exposure! After submitting your book, you should stay and research the site because there's a wealth of information there.

Molly Greene/Writer - This site offers advice from a fellow writer. Take and leave what works for you. It's worth the read.

Different Ways to say Thank You! - As writers we are often asking for favors, asking for help or showing our appreciation for something. I don't know about you but I get tired of saying, 'Thank You'. It's so plain and uneventful. This website gives you the opportunity to get creative with your appreciation. Try it:)

Calibe - eBook Conversion - We always need reviews and in 2013, everyone likes to read on their phone...at least I do. If you only have a PDF version to offer potential reviewers, you're narrowing your opportunity to get more reviews. We want to make it as easy and simple as possible for our potential fan base and reviewers. This site offers you the ability to do this. I have not had the chance to actually use it yet but it is on my to do list for this week. And I'm excited about it.

100's of Links to Publishers and Agent - This site has all the potential to really pay off for someone. I have looked around and queried some of the agents. Have I spent the necessary time there to ensure a call back or great lead? No. But you may have the time to do this. Give it a try.

Tweepi - We all know how important Twitter is. This app allows you to manage your followers, follower their followers and gain an exponential amount of followers. You have to play around a little bit but it's worth every minute you spend there. This is a wonderful site and I hope you all take advantage of it.

65 Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog - Here's another site with a wealth of information. There's bound to be something here that you haven't heard or know.

Association of Independent Authors - This next site is a hit or miss. I believe they charge for some services, while others are free. It may be a fit or not.

BookPinning - Takes about 1:13 seconds to do this. *Free* Promotion.

Book Promotion Ideas - Are you stuck when it's time to tell people about your book? This website will give you some pretty cool options. Check it!

I will do a part II soon because there's a lot more I have to share.  If the above links are helpful then I've done my job. Now, make sure you do the same and pay if forward. Feel free to follow me:)

Bee L. Kirk
Author Page
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Austin Parmer/Tech Ridge.

 On  February  12th through the 15th, my son Jaxon & I stayed at the Fairfield by Marriott in Austin , Texas which is located about 20 m...