Thursday, December 26, 2013

Guest Blog by Adrienne Thompson


Blurb:
Divorced nurse and single mom, Marli Meadows, finds herself stuck in a rut. She’s tired of her life and decides to leave it behind and embark on a search for change. What she finds instead, is love.

Excerpt:
From Chapter 14, “The Sweetest Taboo”:
I shrugged, thinking to myself that he was crazy and that anyone who saw us would think we were both crazy. I took his hand and let him pull me into his arms. With his phone sitting on the roof of his car providing the music, we danced beneath the stars on the hospital parking lot. I closed my eyes and thought to myself that I loved the way his arms felt around me. Just like he said, I was a perfect fit—we were a perfect fit for each other.
I opened my eyes and looked up at his face. His eyes were closed as he mouthed the words to the song, and he looked so handsome. I reached up and gently caressed his cheek, letting my fingers fall to graze his neck. I wanted to kiss him so badly. I always wanted to kiss him.  I couldn’t get enough of him or his kisses or the feeling of his arms around me. Was I in love with him? If I wasn’t, I definitely wanted to be, and the feeling of wanting to be in love was strange, almost foreign to me. I’d spent most of my adult life running away from that feeling.
He opened his eyes and grasped my hand as it traveled to his chest. He brought my hand to his lips and kissed it softly. Then he leaned forward and kissed my lips again. When we finally parted, it was well past the time for me to return to work.



Purchase Links:

Author Bio:
Adrienne Thompson has worn many titles in her lifetime–from teenage mother to teenage wife to divorcee to registered nurse to author. This mother of two young adults and one teenager currently resides in Arkansas with her daughter where she writes and publishes her stories full time.
You can connect with her on:

Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, how do you heal from Trauma?

      Just Breathe Trauma sounds like a word used to describe someone who's been physically hurt, like a "car accident or a shootin...