Friday, December 27, 2013

Melodie Ramon Interviews a Character from City of the Guardians...The characters name is RIP

City of the Guardians: Introducing Alex Honor is a story that gives a voice to some of the emotions we experience as humans. We have all dealt with Hate, Hope, Jealousy and Love. If these emotions could speak, what would they say? How would they feel about us and the things we find important? Rip is the voice of Rage in City of the Guardians and Melodie Ramon agreed to interview him. The next 5 minutes will make you think...a little differently. Shout out to Melodie for agreeing to this...unsettling interview.
1. Hello, Rage. You and I are old friends. Remember the time I listened to you in family court and got held in contempt? That was funny and you totally kept me company, too,  while I was sitting in the tank for six hours. Granted, you didn't do me any favors, but it makes for a good story now. Anyway, most people give you a bad rap, but I find you fascinating. I really want to know something about you, something deep. How does it feel to be powerless against those who deny you?
First off, my name isn’t Rage, it’s Rip. Rage happens to be the emotion that I’m able to bring out in people the easiest. Secondly, I immensely enjoyed the tantrum you threw in family court, it was actually the highlight of my day. While most people try to remain calm and rational in front of the judge, you just let it all out. (Laughing) It was quite pleasurable to see someone listening to me so intently. I wanted your chances of winning to be zero. I wanted you to walk away feeling like the loser that you are and you did just that. And in the future, don’t look for me to do you any favors. That’s not my job, my job is to make the worst come out of you. I want all the pushed aside emotion to come bubbling out at the most inopportune time.


2. What is your ultimate goal? If you destroy humanity, what will you do then?
My ultimate goal is to see everyone destroy everyone else. I have no future and misery is the only thing I want for humanity.
StiloRIP


3. What do you say to the people who believe that Rage only is the result of deep emotional pain and can't exist without it? Do you consider Pain to be a parent of sorts?
I would say that I agree with that. I am at the root of every child who’s ever been molested or abused in some way. I am the starting point for all the bullied kids in school. I fester in the mind of the heart sick lover. Pain is necessary but I am not. I can be resisted. Pain is there to cause one to grow, to experience, and learn from their personal test. The result of pain is usually a learned lesson, a stronger core, a sense of being.


4. How does it make you feel when people use you as a catalyst for good? As in, the outrage that often follows a seemingly senseless act of violence is often followed by an outpouring of human kindness and unity. How do you respond to that?  
It doesn’t matter what the outpouring is after someone has lost it and killed. The key is to stop me before the act itself. But most people today are so wrapped up in themselves, they’re not concerned with helping the less fortunate. As long as they have their electrical devices and inflated egos, they could care less if one of their fellow brethren is in need. Fine by me, makes my job easier. To finish answering your question, hopefully the outpouring is the result of someone dying. If so my job is done. On to the next one. End of Story.


5. You may try to deny this, but it's a well known fact that you can be immediately dispatched by love. Both of you are very strong entities. Do you ever work together for a balance or is it just a constant war between you?
No we don’t work together (sigh). I have no desire to cooperate with good. That’s Stilo’s department and I leave him to it. We try to stay out of each others’ way but every now and again, a common interest brings us together. This thing with Alex Honor is the perfect example. I want him and so does Stilo.


6. What is the difference between you and hate?
Hate(Hurl) doesn’t like something or someone. He’s just a very disgruntled being, for lots of different reasons.
I am Hate x10. I am that heat you feel on your face when a loved one has been hurt. I am the shake of your hands when you can’t control your emotions of hurt and pain. I am that low rumble in the back of your mind every time someone cuts you off in traffic. I’m the sickening, dry throat you got when you found out your boyfriend was cheating on you.


7. Any last thoughts you'd like to share?
If there was one thing I could say to every human being on this planet, I would begrudgingly say this, “Calm down. If you knew what I knew and could see what I’ve see, you’d never even contemplate suicide or murder. You would take everyday for what it was worth and find a way to make it work. And stop complaining.”

Book Links





No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Austin Parmer/Tech Ridge.

 On  February  12th through the 15th, my son Jaxon & I stayed at the Fairfield by Marriott in Austin , Texas which is located about 20 m...