Tuesday, January 7, 2014

***Book Review for Heaven's Cry by Charmaine Galloway***

Heaven's Cry is a short story with long meaning. It's a story about some very sensitive topics that impact our youth and adults alike. Heaven is the main characters name and is dealing with an internal battle that threatens to tear her family apart. She's a teenager going through something very serious and it's palpable throughout the book.
Heaven's father is the Pastor of a prominent church and in charge of leading his flock to the pearly gates of Heaven. This heavy burden also has connecting attachments to his children. They're expected to be perfect in every way. So when Heaven starts to have feelings about someone at her school, the turmoil of secrecy and disapproval rule her every waking thought.
The Author, Charmaine Galloway does an excellent job of conveying these emotional battles and allows you to take the journey with Heaven. I had a sense that I would be sad once I finished reading this short and I wont spoil it for you but I would like to say that Heaven's Cry is an excellent book to learn from. Everyone wont agree with what you choose to do with your life or how you live it. I believe in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I believe in the Bible and what His word says. At the same time, I know that God wants us to embrace and not judge. I hope that after reading this book, your heart will be a little softer to the hurt that many of our children experience. Let God judge. You Love.
I would definitely recommend this book and enjoyed it immensely.

Bee L. Kirk, Author of City of the Guardians: Introducing Alex Honor

Amazon Buy Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, how do you heal from Trauma?

      Just Breathe Trauma sounds like a word used to describe someone who's been physically hurt, like a "car accident or a shootin...