Monday, January 6, 2014

***Book Review for Kill Mary Jane Doe by Author Nicole Dunlap***

I had no idea what to expect by the title of this book, although intriguing, it initially had me confused. The book cover art work is gorgeous. It really excites me when you can't pin an author down to a certain genre. Author Nicole Dunlap is not the average, "Urban Author" who is going to consistently give you the same thing. She changes it up and refuses to be put in a box.
Okay, so in the beginning I was a little confused because I'm not crazy...
But Mary Jane on the other hand, well let's just say she has some issues. By the end of the book you'll understand why. And realize that if some of the things that happened to Mary had happened to you, you'd probably be a little delusional too. All the characters are unique and create a story of intrigue and astonishment. I found myself laughing and on the verge of heaving during parts of Kill Mary Jane Doe. It really is a roller coaster ride. It's intense and will make you want to root for the main character, Mary Jane.
Make sure you pay close attention to Mary Jane's flashbacks because they hold the secret to why she is the way she is. This is a "grown folks" read and not for the faint of heart.
If you desire to read something different, read Kill Mary Jane Doe. If you want to see how imaginative Author Nicole Dunlap is, read Kill Mary Jane Doe. If you yearn for something other than your average run of the mill story, read Kill Mary Jane Doe.
I'm not going to spoil it but there is a moment is this book that made me turn my head to the side like Scooby Doo and say, "eehhhra." (sound effect added)
After which, I poured myself a glass of wine.
Get it and hold on.

Bee L. Kirk, Author of City of the Guardians: Introducing Alex Honor

Buy Link
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Austin Parmer/Tech Ridge.

 On  February  12th through the 15th, my son Jaxon & I stayed at the Fairfield by Marriott in Austin , Texas which is located about 20 m...