Friday, March 21, 2014

What does a Medium Cooked Steak and Crime Have in Common?

This interview has been in the works for a while. And it gives me tremendous pleasure to be able to share with you a small peek into the life of Bruce A Borders. First let me say that I have been very busy as of late because I started working a second job, inadvertently taking away the time I had dedicated towards my blog, amongst other things. This interview should've been posted about (2) weeks ago and during that time, Bruce not once ragged me about it. He has been very patient and I know that speaks to his character. Although, we've never met in person, he has warranted my respect and support. Please enjoy the following interview with Bruce A Borders.

Bee:
Where are you from?

Bruce A Borders:
I was born in Southeast Missouri but grew up in Central and Eastern Oregon. Both regions have had a major influence on me but I would have to say Oregon and the western United States more so than the south.


Bee:
I love the mountains, this is beautiful. Use one word to describe yourself...
Bruce:
Motivated.

Bee:
It definitely takes motivation to be a writer. What are the titles of your book(s)?
Bruce:
I have several: Over My Dead BodyMiscarriage Of JusticeInside Room 913The Journey, and the Wynn Garrett Series, which is up to six titles.

Bee:
That's awesome! Is there a common theme in all of your books?
Bruce:
Most of my books have something to do with an injustice of some sort. Crime-suspense is my typical genre.

Bee:
Do you have pets?
Bruce:
Yes, three dogs.

Bee:
Dream Vacation?
Bruce:
An all expenses-paid trip for me and my wife to a place of her choosing - provided there is Internet service.

Bee:
Good answer, I'm sure your wife has the specifics:) What is your Dream Car?
Bruce:
A 1970’s black Chevrolet Stingray Corvette.

Bee:
What were some of your favorite subjects in school?
Bruce:
Math - Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, and any Science that used Math.

Bee:
Name a movie that you've watched numerous times?
Bruce:



Bee:
Yes, yes, yes! One of my all time favorites. I Love this movie. Which Social Media outlet is your favorite & why?
Bruce:
Two of them actually. For promoting my books, I like Twitter. I follow and am followed by many authors, which means there is more support there than other social media outlets. For my personal use, I prefer Facebook. I try to keep them separated but they do overlap occasionally.

Bee:
Lady Gaga or Katy Perry?
Bruce:
Neither. I’ve heard both names and know they are singers but couldn’t tell you a single song either one sings. I’m a traditional country guy - Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, George Jones, etc., and do not listen to anything else.
                                                                  Merle Haggard
                                                               Loretta Lynn

Bee:
Advice for anyone who wants to become an Author?
Bruce:
In a word, write. I hear people say they want to be a writer someday, but they put off actually doing it. In order to become a writer, one must write. Seems like a simple concept but a lot of people have trouble with it. Writing makes a writer. Whether that writer then becomes successful is an entirely different matter, and largely depends on their definition of success, as well as their motivation to persevere.

Bee:
What is something you wish you'd known when you were younger?
Bruce:
That sleep would be required when I got older. I conditioned myself to function on very little sleep and now I can’t seem to break the cycle, although my body tells me I can’t stay up for three days just because I’m busy.

Bee:
Do you go to sleep with the TV on?
Bruce:
Not usually, no.

Bee:
Why should people buy your book?
Bruce:
To be entertained, to laugh, and to hopefully learn something. I'd also like to make people think, if I can.

Bee:
Steak or Hamburger? How do you like it cooked?
Bruce:
Steak any day! (Though hamburgers are okay too). I like my steak cooked medium.


Bee:
Have you ever had a para-normal experience?
Bruce:
Not that I know of, but then, maybe I wouldn’t know!

Bee:
When you were a child and people asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up, what was your answer?
Bruce:
A songwriter and/or an author.

Bee:
Where do you see yourself (5) years from now?
Bruce:
Still writing books hopefully, with a catalogue of somewhere around twenty-five books.

Bee:
If you were President, what's the one thing you would change & why?
Bruce:
I would return the country to following the Constitution. Not doing so has had a detrimental effect on America.

Bee:
What is the one thing you want people to know about you, that you've never shared before?
Bruce:
It’s been suggested, quite often actually, that I’m a perfectionist. I would like everyone to know that I’m not - I just like everything done properly!

Bee:
What is your passion/mission in life?
Bruce:
Writing.

Thank you Bruce and Best Wishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Austin Parmer/Tech Ridge.

 On  February  12th through the 15th, my son Jaxon & I stayed at the Fairfield by Marriott in Austin , Texas which is located about 20 m...