Sunday, April 21, 2013

Let's get started


I have been working on my book for about 10 months, this is my first time ever writing a novel. For as long as I can remember, I have loved writing...why I ran from it for so long is still a mystery. I had other ideas of what I should be and forgot about my passion. I forgot about the thing that comes naturally to me. I dismissed the idea of making writing my career, just figured it was something to do on the side. But then this amazing thing happened.

I began writing this story about 4 years ago, only jotted down 3 pages in a notebook and then my younger brother asked me to use that notebook. I said okay and forgot about the story. Well, he moved several times over the next 3 years. And then one day he called me and said "Bee, when are you going to finish the story?"
I said "What story?"

And then he read the pages I had written over 3 years ago. A flood of nostalgia and ideas for characters overwhelmed me...and I began to write the story again.

Note: What usually happens when you move a lot? Answer: You always lose things or misplace them or accidentally throw them away.

I believe it is remarkable that he never lost that notebook, and I believe God allowed this in order for me to complete what I had started. It is an amazing story, and I can't wait to share some of it with you (While I search for an Agent).

Can't give too much of it away....I want you to take the journey with me and others when the book is published. I will post excerpts in upcoming post.

Living, doing and breathing your passion or gift/talent is great, and keeps getting better..

Just a Thought

Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, how do you heal from Trauma?

      Just Breathe Trauma sounds like a word used to describe someone who's been physically hurt, like a "car accident or a shootin...