Saturday, April 20, 2013

THE LIES

FYI: My daughter just informed me I was posting the titles of my blogs in the wrong area...she said "Mama, you know there's a space for you to put your titles, right?"
I was just like "Oh okay" lol

Anyway: I was thinking, why do we lie to our children at such a young age?
For example, haven't you always heard, "Baby, you can be anything you want to be"?

Well, that's not necessarily true. I can't become the President of the United States, or a player in the WNBA, not now or even when I was young. I wasn't a good athelete because I didn't have the athelete build to be one. And I couldn't have become The President of the United States because I was boy-crazy.

With that being said, you can be whatever you are supposed to be. Everyone has a gift, a talent. You just have to figure out what it is. And then pursue it with a passion. President Obama is president because that is what he was destined to do. Whitney Houston was an award winning songstress because that is what she was meant to be.

I ask my daughter what she wants to be when she grows up and she tells me. I then tell her that she will be wonderful at it, if that's what your passion is. Her desires have changed over the years, from firefighter, to teacher, to actress, and even CEO of Apple Inc. (she had a thing for Steve Jobs)

All in all, her passion will be exposed and then she will be what she was meant to be.

Just a thought........





(Edited by Camille :) xx)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, how do you heal from Trauma?

      Just Breathe Trauma sounds like a word used to describe someone who's been physically hurt, like a "car accident or a shootin...